Re envigorating my blog

The time has come for me to re visit my old blog.
It has served me well and I look back on it now with a bit of nostalga as it was my first attempt at "going public". I can see I tried hard to get my latest pictures out there for my followers to see and back then it did attract a small amount of interest.

Fast forward to 2017 and it looks like a very poor almost childish attempt. My life has changed and my blog needs to change with it.
So what has changed? By my own admittance my images and the quality of them. I was very proud of my pictures back then but the images I shoot and the equipment I shoot with has totally changed in the meantime. Jpeg from the camera has moved on to RAW. My trusty Canon EOS400 now lives in a draw replaced by a pair of Canon EOS7D's and a Canon 1DX. I love to take images of anything and everything but predominantly now its aviation and military aviation in particular. So the question is, should Karls cars become Karls planes? An interesting question! Maybe I should bin this blog all together and start afresh? After some deliberation I think not. The early postings of this blog represent the start of my digital world, my first toe into the waters of digital social media if you like. Nobody starts a novel or story part way in, and I think its nice to remember where it started and to let the start offer some direction to the rest of the journey.
So where did it all start? Now there is a question! I have dabbled with photography since my uncle bought me an Olympus trip 35mm compact camera when I was in my early teens. I still have it, it still works and is a joy to put the odd roll of film through. As time moved on I moved on up to a Canon AE1 then Minolta 7000 and 9000. I just blasted away at anything I liked the look of, air shows, motorsport, landscape, desk top abstract and even the family cat! All this was great fun and I think I learnt a lot from it. I think I more than did my part in propping up the 35mm film manufacturers as well!!
All this brings us up to the later postings on the blog today. Largely speaking gone is film and the EOS400 IS retired to the desk drawer.
I hope anyone who reads this finds something of interest and I will look to doing another post asap.  Thank you for your time.

x

Comments

Popular Posts